1920 Cast iron English Rain Water Hoppers

1920 Cast iron English Rain Water Hoppers

0.00

Used for the collection of rain water and funnelled into down spouts.

Brought to Canada in the 1960's. Can be reused or used as Antique salvage found objects.  PRICE PER PIECE

6 x14 x 18

Manufactured by GP Bankart London

Bankart was appointed instructor in architecture and modelling at Leicester School of Art in 1897. He had already begun to develop an interest in leadwork and decorative plastering. During this period in Leicester, one of the projects he undertook was modelling two panels in Keene’s cement to Gimson’s design on the exterior of the White House in Clarendon Road, Leicester.

Around 1899 Bankart moved from Leicester to Bromsgrove. For the next seven years he worked at the Bromsgrove Guild with Henry Ludlow expanding the decorative plasterwork and lead shops. Among the commissions completed by Bankart at this time was plaster mouldings for the ceiling of the Great Hall, Royal Naval College, London (1903-04). In 1906 Bankart left the Guild and set up an independent practice in Baldwin's Gardens, Gray's Inn Road, London.  

In 1910 it was reported that he had merged his business with the longstanding firm of Jackson's. The details were as follows: 'Messrs G Jackson of 49 Rathbone Place and Mr G Bankart of Baldwin’s Gardens, Gray’s Inn Road, EC. have recently arranged an amalgamation of their businesses. The respective workshops and offices will remain exactly as heretofore. Mr Bankart’s business being under his sole personal direction and control at Baldwin’s Gardens whilst his services as designer and adviser at 49 Rathbone Place are secured. In addition to modelled plasterwork, leadwork etc. they are conjointly undertaking decorative work in gesso, egg-tempera painting, and carving in wood and stone, and with the new financial arrangements, increased workshop accommodation and greater facilities, they will be able to carry out orders expeditiously, and at the same time to do the best possible work.’ (The Architects' and Builders' Journal, vol 32, no 807, 20 July 1910, ‘Trade and Craft’ p. 82)
 

Add To Cart